Wednesday 21 February 2018

HELLO PEEPS!

This is the first card I've made since July.
Christmas cards were bought ones.  I knew I had to make this card especially because it was a special date. The reason why I've not been about is my husband died in October.  I'm grateful that he was able to stay at home with back up from the medical profession.  Grateful too for good friends and family. My MIL still can't believe it's happened. I'm going to try and ease myself back into card making, I've first got to try any remember what I have and how to use it again! Took my five minutes to remember where I stash my signature! and another ten to remember how to get it onto this card!!







These stamps are C.C. Designs.  Julie is the National Membership Officer for the Vikings. So I just had to buy them. Trouble was I wasn't sure which to use?  So I ended up using the set!  Coloured with Copics. Sentiment Computer generated..

Challenges entering...
Crafty Creations ~ Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination ~ Anything Goes twist real stamp






Thank you so much for calling...
Big thanks to blogging friends that have been in touch over the months asking about hubby and myself, it's been very much appreciated.


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Chrissy,
What a coincidence, I was just thinking about you and your husband because you posted nothing for a long time.
Sorry to see that your husband passed away. I can imagine that cardmaking had no priority but I'm glad to see you back in blogland. You're card is lovely!
Hugs for you,
Liselot

Chris said...

Yay!!!! How lovely to see you back Chrissy, i've missed your fabulous cards and your lovely posts!
I'm sure you'll soon remember how everything works and where it's kept... and crafting is so therapeutic!
Judging by this gorgeous card you've lost none of your skills...or your sense of humour! Your stamps are adorable and so beautifully coloured, perfect with the sentiment!
Take care
hugs
Chris
x

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Awesome card Chrissy! Fabulous coloring...I'm sure the recipient loved it! Welcome back to blogland!

I'm SO SO sorry to hear about your husband. I have thought about y'all several times, just never checked in! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Hugs,
Brenda

Kathleen said...

Yipee, Huge welcome back and while it will feel strange for you, I am sure you will get back into the swing of things, like learning to ride a bike all over again, well not that I would want to at this age.
Also will be so glad to see your lovely creations again, this is a fabulous design and such cute fun images.
Very best wishes.

Kath x

Babs said...

Hi Chrissy
So sorry to hear about your husband my thoughts are with you. It’s so lovely to see you back in blogland with a real wonderful card your stamps are just brilliant.
Hugs Babs x

wannabcre8tive said...

Chrissy, your card is just as cute as can be. Great coloring and I love the sentiment you made.

I am so sorry to hear about your husband. Sending hugs.

Sue B said...

Ah, so lovely to see you back in blogland Chrissy,
Crafting is a wonderful way to relax and give you something to focus on... so I hope you can ease back into it and enjoy it again.
you've made a wonderful card for Julie. Such a fab set of stamps and you've coloured them beautifully.
Sorry I am not in blogland. Mum has been in hospital twice this month. So I'm having to care for her full time at the moment.
But just wanted to say welcome back and wish you well ;-)
Lots of Love, Sue Xxx

Fabiola said...

I´m so sorry Chrissy, tape care of you and your family. Your card is very cute, biz

Jolanda's Blog said...

Thanks for joining our challenge at Inspiration Destination I hope you’ll join us next time again.
Jolanda
(DT member)

Debby Kuster said...

First i want to let you no how sorry i am to her about your husband.

Love the card you made

Take care of yourself
Hugs Debby

Pia S said...

I’ve noticed your absence and you’ve been missed. Sorry for your loss.
Great to see you back again with this fun CAs design.

Julez said...

Love this card. Images are brilliant. Just perfect x

Lorraine said...

Hello Chrissy,
I am so sorry to hear about your husband.

I had noticed that you hadn't been around and it's good to see you back. Love the fab card.
Lorraine x

Chrissy said...

I know I am so late coming to see you Chrissy and so very sorry about your husband, my goes out to you..Wonderful to see you back into crafting I missed you..and a fabulous and cute card..love to you..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Bev Henwood said...

Oh Chrissy, I have just been playing catch up with some of my favourite blogs (I have been MIA too), so sorry to hear about your husband, such sad news, sending hugs xx